Moving is a stressful task. But if you have to downsize and move to a smaller house, the task gets all the more tougher and trickier. While you don’t just have to concentrate on moving, but also take the important decisions of what to keep and what to get rid of. Understandably, the decision will be hard to make. But by planning your move well in advance, you’ll have sufficient time to take a prudent call.
Here are closely collected tips that will assist you in the task:
- Prepare a Moving Checklist: Before you get down to packing, prepare a checklist of everything you possess. Put each item under one of the three columns; things often used, things used from time-to-time and items that are rarely used. Start sorting things accordingly.
- Keep, Sell or Donate: The items that fall under the ‘rarely used’ category should ideally be done away with unless of course they have an emotional value. Decide whether you’ll sell them or donate for a noble cause. As removalists Perth charge on the basis of the quantum of stuff moved, moving limited items will also help you cut down moving cost. By doing so you’ll save on space too.
- Move to Storage Space: There might be items and belongings you’ll not want to do away with. But taking them to a smaller house also does not appear to be a prudent call. In such a situation, availing services of a storage unit makes much sense. Simply by paying an affordable monthly rental, you can enjoy your belongings at the opportune hour without getting space strapped otherwise.
- Hire Reputed Removalists in Perth: Once you know what you have to move, talk to professional moving company. Let them go through your belongings before they quote a price. Tell them about your needs and requirements and the services you wish to avail. An end-to-end deal may appear to be expensive, but it will save you from all the hassles of packing, loading, unloading and rearranging. Also, their professional packing will protect your belongings from damage during transit.
- Plan a Garage Sale: Organizing a moving sale is not just a good way to downsize your belongings, but also helps you make some quick money from your used belongings. In fact, the money so collected can help cover your moving costs to a great extent. Just check with the local authorities on the rules and regulations and permissions, if any, required for organizing such sale.
CBD Movers Perth is an established player in the moving industry. The company has been in the business for over 10 years and enjoys an envious reputation of providing superior house moving services to people moving to and from Perth. Equipped with state-of-the-art removal gear, completely overhauled trucks and the finest removal crew in the business, the company promises to provide moving services that are par excellence. To know more about their customized deals and affordable rates, call 1300223668.