SMS Marketing is very effective, if implemented in a right way. SMS Marketing can be used for a variety of great reasons such as: coupons, appointments, reminders, events, feedbacks, votes, contests, informations and more.
It allows to engage with customers and build close customer relationship. But for this, you have to send an effective SMS campaign.Here are some key elements to make an effective SMS Marketing campaign.
Important Key Elements to make SMS Marketing Successful –
1. Know Your Audience – Sending the right message to the right customer is very important. Segment your audience properly. Segmentation means ensuring an individual gets the most relevant message. If they will find it informative, they will definitely come.
Segment customer’s list based on their purchase history, demographics, interests and any other opt-in data. It helps to improve SMS Marketing campaigns.
2. Keep it Short & Simple – A single SMS message consists of 160 characters. For an successful SMS campaign, make sure SMS should be short, sweet & simple. For the effective campaign, need to choose words very carefully. Be clear with customers. This may be the most important key factor to follow.
3. Create a Valuable offer – Before sending a campaign, put yourself in the shoes of customers and ask a question. Does this message create a value for customers? If answer is no, don’t send this campaign. Create a valuable offer in a message. Make sure that message starts with an offer, customers will appreciate it.
4. Create a sense of urgency – Make offer with an urgency in a message. Tell the customers that offer is for limited time & will expire soon, for example – 60% discount on this service. Click here, valid till Sunday. It will inspire customers to take action.It helps to get results very quickly.
5. Call to Action – Message(s) must contain clear call to action, which carry offers with relevant instructions. Call to action is a request or instruction which tell customers to take action. With call to action, you are able to track customer’s response. Ensure that CTA(call to action) is relevant and clear.