Workforce data is an integral part of business management. You could miss key data if you’re not collecting and managing it effectively. Organize the collected data and make sure it is secure for smooth operations. Check out the steps you can take below:
Consolidate Your Workforce Data
Use the following steps to consolidate your workforce data:
1. Create a new spreadsheet for all the relevant data.
2. Fill out one row for each person in your organization. It should include their name, job title, and department. Include their email address or phone number.
3. Have at least one column for each type of information about each employee (i.e., birth date, hire date, salary level, etc.). Include columns for time tracking purposes.
4. Update relevant information as it becomes available throughout the year. This will allow you to create useful reports later when needed.
If you can’t access Excel, use Google Sheets. Import data from payroll, HR, employee scheduling, and employee attendance software. You can work with a third-party data management software company to help manage your workforce data.
Read also: Everything You Must Know About Business Coach
How to streamline your workforce data:
- Start with a clean slate and remove all duplicate records.
- Fill out relevant fields. These fields include name, title, department, and other employee information. You can find this information in Workforce Data Manager (WFM).
- Enter any extra information into WFM for reporting, analysis, or other purposes.
You can streamline your data by simplifying the information and removing irrelevant information. Work with a data management company to get more streamlined data optimization.
Identify which piece of data you want to verify. This will narrow down the scope of your search. If you’re looking for an employee’s salary, check their name and social security number.
Once you know what piece of data you need, find out if there’s an online database available. If so, plug in your information for verification.
If an online database is not available but there is one that requires registration, sign up. It will save time when verifying other information later.
Encrypt all sensitive employee data. Sensitive data includes Social Security numbers and credit card information. Sensitive data can include personally identifiable information (PII) stored in databases or documents.
Encrypted data is useless to hackers if a breach occurs because they can’t read it without the key. Encryption verifies that hackers cannot access PII without an employee’s password.
Employee passwords should have different characters. The characters include uppercase and lowercase letters, and special characters like exclamation marks. Back up all devices to avoid losing essential files.
Control access to PII by using permissions or roles in the HRIS, SSO, and other systems. When employees leave your organization, revoke their accounts immediately. This prevents them from accessing employee files. Track your workforce data to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Automation can help you save time and money and make sure that your workforce data is secure. Automate your workforce management processes to achieve the results below:
- Report on hours worked
- Payroll processing
- Workflow management
A successful business should have a solid and manageable workforce. Small startups and large corporations should know how to manage their employees.
To manage them, use an integrated workforce management system (WFM). These systems allow companies to access their employee records in real-time. They provide tools for managing attendance, tasks, workflows, time-off requests, and more.
A WFM helps companies track their employees’ work progress. It allows them to assign tasks based on each employee’s skill set and availability. This system allows managers to view reports on productivity to employee satisfaction. It can help them better understand what changes to make for the company to meet its goals.
Make Your Workforce Data More Efficient
There are several actions you can take to make your workforce data more efficient:
• Make your data accessible.
• Create actionable insights with access to high-quality data.
• Security measures should be in place so that sensitive information stays protected.
• Increase your data efficiency.
The key to effective workforce management is knowing exactly where your resources are. By consolidating and streamlining your data, you can understand what’s going on. You can also automate some processes to make them smoother. Work with a third-party company to manage your workforce data and develop a workable plan for your organization.