Today in this article I will tell you about the steps and benefits of the Dhanurasan Yoga pose. Which is extremely useful in making the body flexible and shapely. Yoga is not only prevalent in India but in the whole world. The biggest reason for this is the yoga benefits. Yoga talks about making our bodies and minds healthy and strong.
If we practice yoga regularly, our body acquires the ability to keep itself healthy. Now even science has started accepting the fact that our body is ready to fight every disease. It is just necessary that we increase the capacity of our body, in which yoga helps us to do so.
By doing yoga, we connect with nature because we do it in the open. Not in a closed room like a gym. It helps us to connect with nature and the more we stay close to nature, the healthier we will be. By adopting yoga in your daily routine, you can minimize the health crisis to a great extent.
Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
when you practice this asana, the shape of your body becomes like a bow. Hence this asana knows as Dhanurasana. This asana is extremely beneficial for the back and spine. This asana helps to reduce the chances of getting hunchback from your body. With this posture, all the nerves of our body up to the neck, waist, thigh, and calf are well exercised.
To get the maximum benefit of this asana, first do Bhujangasana, then do Shalabhasana, and then finally do Dhanurasana. This asana also strengthens the internal parts of the body. All stomach-related diseases are cured by this, and if you want to keep away old age and make the body shapely, then do the posture.
Steps of doing Dhanurasana Yoga Pose
Initially, some people are afraid to do Dhanurasana. Because this asana is a little difficult, but if done with regular practice and with the help of a good yoga guru, it is a very useful asana.
- Lie flat on the abdomen in a plain place.
- Keep a gap of 1-feet between your both legs.
- Bend both legs with knees.
- With both hands behind, hold your ankle.
- Now raise your knees while opening the foot outwards.
- Now while breathing, lift the chest as well.
- See above, with the neck raised.
- Apply Kumbhak in this situation.
- Come into the bow position completely.
- Do not wiggle, come back slowly exhaling.
- As you return, do the same on the right side.
How long should Dhanurasana take?
These questions are often asked by many people, how long should one do any asana? See, do asanas according to your physical ability. Do it for as long as you can easily do it. Because yoga is not a punishment like a gym, yoga is fun. Yoga is the real joy of life.
Which posture should be done after Dhanurasana?
Dhanurasana is a slightly tedious posture because it has an internal Kumbhak. After this, such a posture should be done in which external Kumbhak should be done which will lighten the body. And your body and mind will become tired.
After this, you should do Paschimottasana or Mahamudra. You stretch the front part of your body in this asana. Which will balance your body.
Health Benefits of Dhanurasana Yoga
Dhanurasana has many benefits. It is a very useful asana to keep the body and mind healthy.
- This asana is very good for the spine, it increases flexibility in it.
- There should be no stomach and uterus-related diseases.
- With this asana, the chest develops, which helps in getting it in good shape.
- Hunchback, arthritis of the hands and knees, and joint pain are relieved.
- This asana is very beneficial for the liver.
- The arms and thighs are strengthened by performing this asana.
- Due to a lot of pressure on the internal (Intra Abdominal Pressure) increases, due to which the digestive system starts coming in the internal.
- This asana increases appetite by intensifying gastritis.
- Very useful for patients with diabetes.
- This posture is very good for women. With this asana, menstrual disorders, all uterine diseases are cured. All complaints related to ovarian tumors are removed. The heart remains healthy. Women should not do this asana during pregnancy.
As you saw here that there are so many health benefits of Dhanurasana yoga, you can make this yoga pose a part of your regular exercise. In addition, you may also learn more about yoga asana by joining 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India. There is a lot of things to learn about Yoga Mudra.
Precautions to be kept in mind while doing Dhanurasana Yoga
- People who have high BP problems, do not do this asana.
- People suffering from a hernia, peptic ulcer, and intestinal disease should not do this.
- If any recent operation has taken place, do not try this posture.
- The pregnant woman should not do it.
- If you have any chronic pain related to the neck or back, do not do this asana or do it only by asking a doctor.
Always do yoga asanas slowly and only by focusing on the breath. Do not practice yoga in haste and hurry. Do this Dhanurasana only according to your physical ability. And keep in mind that while you are in the full state of this asana, maintain a Kumbhak position at that time.
Along with this, If you keep a desire to in-depth your knowledge about yoga asana, so you could become a part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.